What would you do with this 50,000 gal monster home tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I had read this a few times before nd found it to be worth reading again. I thought a few of us here mit enjoy dreaming of one day owning a home tank like this. Now when you look and read this place in your mind that the guy who build this dream tank. Is prarlized from the waist down{ I beleave or neck can't remenber and I've read this several times. LOL}

What would you put in one this size???

Me I'd have sevral thousand apisto kribs discus killis anything small to make the tank sem fuller. LOL like that would be a problum?

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8952&page=1

SA biotope setup! All sorts of dwarf cichlids, 1000's of tetras, 1000 otos, 100 plecos, 50 Angels, 30 Discus. That's about it. :)

wow thats just amazing .... im not even upset (haha ancorman quote) ..... he kind of a big deal (another one) ........ people know him :)

You can definitely tell he did this on a budget and had lots of friends and family helping him out. It was obviously expensive, but I think it cost him less then you think. Can you imagine doing a weekly 10,000 gallon water change? LOL.....that's like draining your pool every week and filling it back up. If you had a setup like this, you wouldn't be able to work because you would be so busy with the upkeep!

Andos99 said:
You can definitely tell he did this on a budget and had lots of friends and family helping him out. It was obviously expensive, but I think it cost him less then you think. Can you imagine doing a weekly 10,000 gallon water change? LOL.....that's like draining your pool every week and filling it back up. If you had a setup like this, you wouldn't be able to work because you would be so busy with the upkeep!

Your right, most of the unskilled labor was done by relatives it looks like, and some skilled labor too. But it still more then most of us will spend on a single fish tank in a liftime.

I wonder what it did to the value of his house? Obviously he wont wanna move from there, but would he find a buyer who would want that? (I know most of us would, but i'm talking normal people) I guess you could convert it to a swimming pool..... :)

Man Id get 1 betta
That's about all I could afford to buy after building the tank :lol:
Ideally, one sweet african cichlid setup. You could re-create a piece of one of the lakes so well the fish would hardly know the difference.

I would only hav ea few fish. I am thinking a Giant Mekong Catfish, an Arapaima, paddlefish, and an alligate gar. and anyother 6+ft fish I could think of

I just thought it was amazing to be able to make a dream tank come ture. I'd have a couple of red tip catfish from the amazon and few hundred jags along with some others to keep it stock for the red tip cat eatting everything. LOL The redtip catfish is an amazing fish in it's self the fact that it never stops growing in it's life.

Wow, 7 days to fill and 10,000 weekly water changes... that's unreal.
I now have a goal for when I make my first billion

Back
Top Bottom