What would you rather see? 220g Amazon Biotope or Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright I am undecided between setting my 220g tank up as a Amazon Biotope or a Planted tank.

Heres the difference.

Amazon Biotope

Sand, rock, driftwood and a few large plants around such as big amazon swords just for color and texture.

Fish:
1x Silver Arowana
6-7x Geophagus Altifrons
4-5x Electric Blue Acaras
1x Royal Pleco
few other random fish from the amazon. Maybe a Tiger Oscar or something.

Planted tank:

Drift wood, rock, plants

I would have lots of plants in it to and keep more of a community tank.

Other option

Planted Arowana tank

1x Jardini Arowana. wish I could get an Asian Arowana...

this would just be a tank for an arowana

after saying this I also have a 30g rimless cube that sits right next to the 220g that used to be my frag tank. This will be a planted tank with German Blue Rams and Cardinal Tetras. So maybe the smaller planted tank is enough and the Amazon Biotope would be a nice otherwise they will just be bother planted tanks.

Amazon

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Planted! Huge planted tanks look awesome. I wish I had bigger tanks for plants. IMO the Amazon biotope sounds to bare and boring. Lots of small schooling fish and some nice, bigger specimens would look great with all the plants.

Considering the smaller planted tank, I vote Amazon. Otherwise I'm all for giant planted tanks. I have a 75g planted myself as my display tank.

Caleb

Planted!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Azmazon gets my vote. Smaller tank being planted is enough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Initially I would have said planted, but tonight I trimmed well over one hundred stems from a tank 1/10th that size. Ugh.
I vote Amazon but with several large schools of smaller fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I am going to do an Amazon look because I was just thinking of how much time it took me to trim and plant my 75g and also the fact that I can't even reach the bottom of the tank without putting my shoulder into the water not being able to easily touch the bottom is going to make planting difficult to say the least.

I think I'll do the Amazon biotope with larger fish and then do the small planted tank.

How about a large school of discus and angelfish? That would look nice.

I think I am going to do an Amazon look because I was just thinking of how much time it took me to trim and plant my 75g and also the fact that I can't even reach the bottom of the tank without putting my shoulder into the water not being able to easily touch the bottom is going to make planting difficult to say the least.

I think I'll do the Amazon biotope with larger fish and then do the small planted tank.

Good choice! Maybe because of the upkeep, a biotope would be better. And it's not like there won't be any plants. :)

How about a large school of discus and angelfish? That would look nice.

Not a big fan of discus. And one of the reasons I'm getting out of the saltwater hobby right now is because of 70$-150$ fish and I'd be right back in that with discus

Back
Top Bottom