What's a better co2 supplement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
What's a better co2 supplement? Metricide 14, metricide 28, or flourish excell? I can get a gallon size for a similar price.
Or some other type?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay is there a difference between Metricide 14 or 28? It's $30 a gallon. Or Is there a better option?

Thats about your best shot for the price. Metricide 14 is the standard choice normally. Im not sure on the difference between the 14 and 28. You'll have to check ingredients.

I think the 28 is supposed to last longer but idk if that would be better or worse for a tank.

Okay looks like the best deal, I'll probably buy it. Once I put money in my pay pal.

How do you put it in your tank? Do you dilute it?

Ik I should start off low and and continue to raise the amount dosed daily. How much do you dose.
I was thinking of building up to 5ml.

Ik I should start off low and and continue to raise the amount dosed daily. How much do you dose.
I was thinking of building up to 5ml.

I dose one mL per 2 gallons of tank volume daily. Have been doing it that way for over a year.

Just in case anyone stumbles upon this thread with the same question as me. Metricide 28 contains soap which makes it last longer. Therefore you should get the 14 instead.

I have a 55g so would I need to dose 25ml? Seems like a lot.

Back
Top Bottom