What's a cool fish to keep In a 150 gallon 5'x18w x30 deep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had a cycled tank for at least 2 yrs I have 9 small Pleco's and a Redtail shark. What should I get for this tank. I don't really want guppies,tetras,barbs ect. Looking for more of a single fish or two like an Oscar, redtail catfish,shovel nose,Arowana ect any ideas? Any cool experiences with a cool beast like those above. I want something not easily gotten like a rare species of something possibly who knows.here is a cool video of a redtail I had in a 180 gallonhttp://youtu.be/hIEQ0jLBCeY

For filtration I have Fluval canister 305 running into Aqua Clear 70 for extra filtration also have. Fluval 304 running into a AC 50 also have Fluval 404 canister running alone. The tank is clean and clear and no action to enjoy watching in the tank so please help I have had Angels,Discus,tetras,barbs ect I even had a native tank at one point but got bored with that rather quickly. Looking for that rewarding fish that everybody just says wow that's awesome. Don't get me wrong my redtail catfish was really cool he just got to be to big for my tank so I traded a friend who had a 400 gallon tank. Traded catfish for flowerhorn then sold that as well.... I currently have 4 tanks setup one with barbs,1 with african cichlids and the one in question with very little fish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415922798.336860.jpg

Ph7.6 gh10 Kh7 TDS 315 well established 0 NH3/NH4 ammonia, 0 NO2 nitrite, 5 NO3 nitrate. I do weekly water changes of 25% with dechlorinator/Prime tap water parameters are the same as above except TDS is like 250ppm. Just so u have an idea of what I'm working with.

This is the first time I have heard of this fish. I will look into it. And see if it's something I like. I'm more into big head catfish lol but I also liked this butterkoferi I had a while back but it was really aggressive to my redtail so it was sold

Back
Top Bottom