What's a good freshwater fish for sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far I'm not finding the six bander.

Either way, the four bander is bad. (That's the mean tiger barb)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

4 band tiger barb, 5 banded hexazona barb, 6 banded pentazona barb.. temperament of 5 and 6' are chill community fish. Mine are actually a little skittish at times.. they shoal nicely though.. I'm not saying all tiger barbs are dooshy, I'm sure if you got a school of 18 juvie s in there it could be alright. . I just wouldn't risk it. Especially of your going to put a dwarf cichlid in there..i remember how pissed I was when I added a fish that ate the beautiful tail off my apisto..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
I picked up a couple bloodfin tetra today. About got a fantail goldfish but pickings at www.edspetworld.com was slim today. Ed needs to get an order in.

Shoot, i was late with the pic than.. you're mixing gold fish on this setup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403141149580.jpg
    1403141149580.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 65
I picked up a couple bloodfin tetra today. About got a fantail goldfish but pickings at www.edspetworld.com was slim today. Ed needs to get an order in.

Tetras will not mix well fantails. Goldfish do best in hard, alkaline water with a high ph. A single goldfish will stock a 29g as it stands. You are best off with other tropicals that are compatible with tetras and your present water conditions.

Bolivian rams I've heard are hardy... GBR aren't too bad if you get the right stock.

You know what a really cool fish is is a dinosaur birchir. They love the sand, but only if you have at least a 55 gallon. Another thing with them though is anything you put in there with it has to be super fast like danios or tetras or anything big enough for it not to eat. I feel like a gold fish would get pretty beat up with one. But they're awesome.

They look neat but what's some fish that does not wrestle for the WWE or TNA? IE: not a cichlid.

Idk, I've never kept cichlids, but I've got a dinosaur birchir, which I here are very aggressive hunters and a gold gourami, also said to be pretty aggressive, in with 5 tetras, and I think it's just the speed of the tetras that keep them safe from slower moving predatory fish. Could be the same case with your cichlids, maybe, Are cichlids slow swimmers?

I have added two green cory cats and two fantail goldies (or rather one fantail and one ryumkin). I forgot how much character they all have. The corys keep looking in the sand for goodies (one thing I want them to do and the goldfish seem to also love to dig (though I didn't get them specifically for that). I may get a couple more corys. What else likes to dig?

I have a couple rubber lips too. ...though I just put them in my 10g as there's hair algae growing like mad season in it and none in my 29g right now. I've moved a plant to seed the 29g though.

Back
Top Bottom