What's a good price...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lixx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For a Zebra Pleco? There is one at my LPS and he's $200. Now from what I've seen on American sites, they are 20-50$. But I can not find any Canadian sites for comparison. Any one seen any around here in Canada, preferably Ontario?

I'm in Mississauga, but really what I want is just prices from the area for now. Anywhere in Ontario is fine. I just want to compare.

Zebra plecs seem to be a hit or miss kind of thing, and sometimes you can't find them at all. What you should be asking is if that price is a good value to you. If you really want the fish, then it is not a bad price at all.

As far as the price in the states, I usually hear more like $70-90 American.

The last zebra plecs that I saw available for sale were $149 U.S.

I have heard recent reports that these fish (along with some others) are going to be banned from importation by Brazil. The price is sure to go up!

Fruitbat said:
I have heard recent reports that these fish (along with some others) are going to be banned from importation by Brazil. The price is sure to go up!

Can you tell us more?

I haven't seen any zebra pleco's lately...

Basically they are going to dam up the river where they live and destroy the habitat completely so they can build a powerstation.

I ran across a zebra pleco here in the states for 25$ at a local "daisy chain" pet store. I really hate to purchase fish from daisy chains, due to the poor keeping in general. For 25$ I could'nt walk away and grab one. I lost him the second day in QT :(

They generally are quiet expensive. Make sure you have a good understanding of thier needs before you purchase. Best I can recall they have'nt been successfully breed in captivity. If what is said is true, the price of zebras while to through the roof.

Well, I just thought I'd pop in and saw that I bought him (or her?) He was actually $300 8O But so cute. They actually have a few others there which I'd love to take home. Anyone want to lend me $1000 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom