Whats a good schooling fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just set up a 25g and am wondering if anyone has any good ideas for some smaller fish that keep in a tight school for the most part?

Neon or cardinal tetras are a nice schooling fish and are bright coloured

I dont like cardinals or neons because they are disease ridden little fish. Also in my exp they dont school very closely they just swim in the same area. I dont want it to be a bottom dweller I already have a few cories for that.

If you want tight schooling fish, rummies (any of the 3) are the best IMO. Good luck finding healthy stock though. Cards are easy and way better quality generally than rummies or neons. Lots of other fish would work in there. Some danios, a lot of tetra, rasboras, devarios, a bunch of boraras or other nano, etc.... What are your overall plans for the tank? Anything already allocated to it?

Glowlight tetras would work. Threadfin rainbows or dwarf neon rainbows add a splash of color.

If you want tight schooling fish, rummies (any of the 3) are the best IMO. Good luck finding healthy stock though. Cards are easy and way better quality generally than rummies or neons. Lots of other fish would work in there. Some danios, a lot of tetra, rasboras, devarios, a bunch of boraras or other nano, etc.... What are your overall plans for the tank? Anything already allocated to it?

well theres going to be a pair of Blue Rams that I have had for about a year and some corie cats I have an Angel I may put in the tank. I will probably go with Harlequin Rasboras because I have had a terrible time keeping cardinals. I may put in my trio of Pearl Groumies

Back
Top Bottom