Whats best for my betta???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitekat87

Aquarium Advice Freak
The heater has stopped working in my betta tank, without it the tank stays around 73-74. It's gonna be a couple of weeks until I can get another heater. Will he be alright in his tank or would he be better in a breeding net in my community tank????

Oh I would say the tank for sure. What size is your tank? Just wondering if more frequent half water changes could help keep the temp up if you are really worried.

Mine just went 3 weeks around the 70ish mark while I was waiting on my heater and was perfectly fine.

He is in a 4 gallon tank. It doesn't take long to do a water change but I was worried about fluctuating the temp too much.

I'm just a bit over protective with him, he has been through so much recently. He managed to get ich/white spot, which led to fin rot. He finally started to look better last week and his fins are starting to regrow, then I noticed he was off his food yesterday and realised the temp was low. I have wrapped his tank in a blanket and put a desk lamp next to it which seems to keep it at about 74. I'll keep him in his tank for now and just keep an eye on his temp.

Thanks for the reply.

Ya keep an eye on him and ever do partial water changes every other day to keep the temps good. The net would prolly kill him. Fish should not be in those for long as it lacks oxygen and water flow.

Back
Top Bottom