What's in your 10g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Let's see what you've got AA! Let's hear all the details about your 10, I'll start:)

Fauna: M/f apisto panduro pair
Flora: lots! Low tech..
One 50% wwc.
Tank has been running for 4 months or so.. semi blackwater with almond leaves and lots of dw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410982871395.jpg
    1410982871395.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 1410982906319.jpg
    1410982906319.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 101
I was keeping 5 black skirt tetras in mine, but thought it was just not enough room for them so I moved them to the 40 and am either going to use mine as a quarantine tank or figure a better stocking. Ill be interested in following this thread to see what people do. I can always pick up a few cheap ten gallons for quarantine and hospital tanks . would be nice to have one small well done planted one. I was thinking putting my guppies in there

Multi colony
RCS
CRS
Yellow neo
Blue velvet
Orange
Cory hasbrous
All separate tanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I'll be getting my ten from my old house. My plans for it will be deeply planting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Two platy and about 15 fry
1 mystery snail.
This tank I let grow wild for itself I dump most of my plant clippings on the surface for fry and do a 50%water change every two weeks. It has some wisteria planted in the gravel and some Anubias but the mystery snail likes to dig anything else up and moves all the gravel around. It has a fair bit of GSA around the back and sides I clean the front but I like the wild look it has created with a hardwood twig so to speak that has clumps of bacteria growing here and there. Once my fry are large enough I'll try and sell some to the store and move some into my 25 gal.

I think my favorite 10g setup was when I had like 6 C. habrosus, 2 otos, like 8 ember tetras, and like 6 clown killis plus a petite female betta. It was active, colorful, peaceful and fun. I had it planted as much as I could, and did plenty of pwc.
I also really enjoyed keeping bumblebee gobies. They are epicly cute little things.

Which light should I use on my ten? Just cleaned it. There is two ways I can go. The stock hood with two twisty lights or use an extra t8 with a plant bulb I had sitting around. If I use the t8 there will be no lid on the tank and I'm risking the light?

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...3-22D3-4028-8623-F7F71A8AF2DD_zpsesanxcxp.jpg http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...3-33DB-46D1-B181-0E85EC3DD120_zpsyvjutonv.jpg I want this tank to be planted. I also have a pink light I could put the pink fixture. http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...2-2FB9-4F38-9922-164886CB9740_zpsaoydr2kp.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advices

Neons with cory;
Eventually it will be a shrimp tank. My daughter put an elaborate castle in it and the name and the name "King Prawn" as a certain ring to it

1 all black male betta
7 neons
2 nerites

I have lots of plants. The baby tears is actually doing best in here, we have swords, Anubis, crypts, and fake drift wood. Also teak leaves.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow guys! Sounds like it is possible to keep fish in a 10 gal:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Two bettas (divided 8/2),two ADFs, a baby bristle nose!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

6 neons tetras, 6 ember tetras, 4 albino glowlight tetras, 3 regular glowlight tetras, 2 ghost shrimp, lots of java moss, anubias nana, 3 marino moss balls, java fern. piece of mopani driftwood and a good sized rock that is covered with the moss. Set up for a blackwater tetra tank. Buzy, fun to watch little tank. Alison:):fish2:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411056031.779341.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411056044.691894.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411056054.264834.jpg

Sorry for the phone pics.. I have better photos but this is easier :p

Low-tech planted:

5 each harlequins and neons
A dozen or so cherry shrimp
2 dwarf anchor cats (hara jerdoni - 3rd photo)
Ramshorn snails

I started this with just 2 young rasboras, and it happened to cycle instantly with seeded media. All fish were bought as juveniles and have been in the tank for at least a year and a half. This is the first time I've had zero deaths with neons! Only 5 this time, so granted there were better odds. I think the lfs finally got a good stock of neons.

I started with a male/female pair of shrimp, which have both died recently, but their offspring have populated the tank (and provided a nice live snack for the fish!)

This tank was a fairly successful experiment. I wasn't sure about using only gravel for plants, but I wanted to try a non-carpeted, low maintenance, low-tech approach with micro ferts only. The amazon swords adapted to the conditions, with shorter leaves that fit the small tank. I haven't even used root tabs, I just don't vacuum the gravel near the swords. The smaller swords (sold as argentine?) are struggling right now since I recently moved them. It seems to take a long time for the roots to re-establish in the gravel.

The anubias and java ferns on the driftwood really took off after they fully attached themselves.. The anubias only had 3 or 4 leaves a year ago; I've never seen anubias grow so fast in a low tech tank.

View attachment 250326View attachment 250327View attachment 250328

Sorry for the phone pics.. I have better photos but this is easier :p

Low-tech planted:

5 each harlequins and neons
A dozen or so cherry shrimp
2 dwarf anchor cats (hara jerdoni)
Ramshorn snails

I started this with just 2 young rasboras, and it happened to cycle instantly with seeded media. All fish were bought as juveniles and have been in the tank for at least a year and a half. This is the first time I've had zero deaths with neons! Only 5 this time, so granted there were better odds. I think the lfs finally got a good stock of neons. I

started with a male/female pair of shrimp, which have both died recently, but their offspring have populated the tank (and provided a nice live snack for the fish!)

This tank was a fairly successful experiment. I wasn't sure about using only gravel for plants, but I wanted to try a non-carpeted, low maintenance, low-tech approach with micro ferts only. The amazon swords adapted to the conditions, with shorter leaves that fit the small tank. I haven't even used root tabs, I just don't vacuum the gravel near the swords. The smaller swords (sold as argentine?) are struggling right now since I recently moved them. It seems to take a long time for the roots to re-establish in the gravel.

The anubias and java ferns on the driftwood really took off after they fully attached themselves.. The anubias only had 3 or 4 leaves a year ago; I've never seen anubias grow so fast in a low tech tank.

Awesome looking tank!

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom