Whats the Most attractive colourful peaceful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, i have just set up a 70litre/15gallon hexagon tank done a 3 week cycle, now im struggling to choose some fish i dont wanna sound picky but ive already got guppies, swordtails mollies, platies, endlers, tetras.

I want something different with really sharp bright colours any ideas of a few compatible fish that look amazing.

Yeah if that's all going inside the 15 gallon your most likely overstocked

Hi guys, i have just set up a 70litre/15gallon hexagon tank done a 3 week cycle, now im struggling to choose some fish i dont wanna sound picky but ive already got guppies, swordtails mollies, platies, endlers, tetras.

I want something different with really sharp bright colours any ideas of a few compatible fish that look amazing.

Sounds like your already overstocked.

I would say being an owner of rams 30g min is more like it.
a 20 is sufficient as long as your maintenance routine is top notch, 30 would be better for obvious reasons.. To the op, what is your current stock? How many of each fish?

I only have 2 guppies, 1 swordtail and 2 endlers I don't think thats over stocked

He already has other fish in the tank so they clearly wouldn't be on their own

We aren't going to have the current fish we have in our new tank we want to know what colourful fish there is to start up our big tank!!

Op, please provide us with the neccessary info, new tank size? Tank mates?

70 litre no fish added as want to start fresh with bright coloured unique fish

How available are rare species around you? Most of the "brightly colored unique" fish that will work in that size tank are hard to find at anywhere other than online or at exceptional specialty LFS'. If you're not able or willing to get a hold of those, a school of harlequin rasboras or neon tetras and a dwarf gourami (only 1 for that size tank) would work. If you do have access to rarer fish, the following are some very cool nano fish (not all of these will fit together):

Neon Blue Rasbora (Sundadanio axelrodi)
Phoenix Rasbora (Boraras merah)
Chili Rasbora (Boraras Brigitae)
Scarlet Badis
Ember Tetra
Killies (Aphyosemion Australe, Striatum or Amieti all stay small)
Celestial Pearl Danios
Sparkling Gourami

Most of these are more difficult to keep than what you've tried so far, so if you want easy and hardy then stick to the more common fish I recommended at the start.

IK what size tank a GBR needs. I was just saying it's the most colorful and peaceful freshwater fish that doesn't become a monster.

IK what size tank a GBR needs. I was just saying it's the most colorful and peaceful freshwater fish that doesn't become a monster.

GBRs are also fairly delicate and are pretty hard to get from good stock. Regardless of tank size, they have a very poor survival rate past 6 months in the hands of someone fairly new to the fish keeping world.

Back
Top Bottom