Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Fish_lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 64
What's the most fun fish you have ever kept

Curious as to what fish people have kept that they have found the most fun add pics if you have them


20 gallon fancy goldfish tank
150 gallon koi tank
60 gallon cichlid tank
2 gallon neon tetra tank
__________________

__________________
Fish_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
sinibotia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central Maine
Posts: 3,904
Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Sinibotia longiventralis! See my sig pic for a picture of one. Also see my username for how much I love them lol. Favorite fish of all time. Very hard to come by but so worth it. They're fast and mischievous little fish. Mine was in a mixed community tank. I would feed shrimp pellets and my sinibotia would dash out and grab a whole one. And all of the other fish in the tank would chase him around trying to get it back but he would swim circles around all of them. He was always poking around and getting into trouble too. I don't think my other fish were too fond of him but he was just such a vibrant and comical character.

What I wouldn't do for a couple of them at this point.... or any of the sinibotia species.
__________________

__________________
Got a question about loaches? Ask me!
Loach count: 22
Baby fish count: 12 (multis)
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
Sinibotia longiventralis! See my sig pic for a picture of one. Also see my username for how much I love them lol. Favorite fish of all time. Very hard to come by but so worth it. They're fast and mischievous little fish. Mine was in a mixed community tank. I would feed shrimp pellets and my sinibotia would dash out and grab a whole one. And all of the other fish in the tank would chase him around trying to get it back but he would swim circles around all of them. He was always poking around and getting into trouble too. I don't think my other fish were too fond of him but he was just such a vibrant and comical character.

What I wouldn't do for a couple of them at this point.... or any of the sinibotia species.

Why am I not surprised the loach enthusiast showed up

My weather loaches.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430258707.617599.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	271250
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430258758.223206.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	271251

My mother thinks they are ugly but they are really adorable! Mine will eat from my hand and always greet me when I turn the tank lights on. They eat like crazy and are super active all over the tank. My arm gets attack everyone it's in the tank.

My only problem with them: this species is known to dig in the substrate while scavenging for food. This makes small live plants like star Repens a major pain.. I gave up on them because everyday I would find them all floating lol

By far the best and most fun fish I've ever owned.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Fishguy1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: nonya
Posts: 548
kind of a cliche answer, but my angelfish.
__________________
40 Breeder Planted.
Fishguy1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
sinibotia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central Maine
Posts: 3,904
Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Why am I not surprised the loach enthusiast showed up

My weather loaches.
Attachment 271250
Attachment 271251

My mother thinks they are ugly but they are really adorable! Mine will eat from my hand and always greet me when I turn the tank lights on. They eat like crazy and are super active all over the tank. My arm gets attack everyone it's in the tank.

My only problem with them: this species is known to dig in the substrate while scavenging for food. This makes small live plants like star Repens a major pain.. I gave up on them because everyday I would find them all floating lol

By far the best and most fun fish I've ever owned.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Weather loaches are way up on my list... but if you get the chance you oughta give sinibotia a try. They're quite a bit like weather loaches but just more mischievous in personality.

And who on earth could find them ugly! Weather loaches are the cutest!
__________________
Got a question about loaches? Ask me!
Loach count: 22
Baby fish count: 12 (multis)
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
Weather loaches are way up on my list... but if you get the chance you oughta give sinibotia a try. They're quite a bit like weather loaches but just more mischievous in personality.



And who on earth could find them ugly! Weather loaches are the cutest!

No idea lol but if I have some free tank space I'll see what I can do about getting one 👍🏼


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
sinibotia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central Maine
Posts: 3,904
Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
No idea lol but if I have some free tank space I'll see what I can do about getting one 👍🏼


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Actually on second thought, if you do manage to find them, you can just tell me and then extort my soul from me so that I can get them. I only just found them for sale somewhere for the first time in 8 years, and I don't have the money to get them

__________________
Got a question about loaches? Ask me!
Loach count: 22
Baby fish count: 12 (multis)
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 313
Green severum because he is always curious and looking to swim with my tetras and with my blue channel catfish
__________________
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
sinibotia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central Maine
Posts: 3,904
Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Green severum because he is always curious and looking to swim with my tetras and with my blue channel catfish
Woah, you must have a gigantic tank if you've got serverums and channel cats. I wanna see it!
__________________
Got a question about loaches? Ask me!
Loach count: 22
Baby fish count: 12 (multis)
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
Woah, you must have a gigantic tank if you've got serverums and channel cats. I wanna see it!

Severum are not that large but channel cats definitely do!


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________

__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Longest you have ever kept a fish redsea Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 62 01-12-2012 10:14 AM
Most Fun Tank Ever! Vikesfankevin Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 17 06-03-2010 01:14 PM
Name the most interesting fish or species you have kept... SwerveDriver Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 12 10-11-2004 05:38 PM
Weirdest fish you've ever kept, or will buy... madasafish Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 19 08-31-2003 11:26 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.