What's With This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifeoffroad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have seen my fish do this about three times in the last couple weeks. They line up together and occasionally one will come out and bite at something in the water. I have had a fish lay eggs and it doesn't look like eggs so I don't know what the heck it is. I attached a picture. Not to show whats in the water but just how the fish are behaving

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121116_010013.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121116_010013.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20121116_010033.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121116_010033.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
blert said:
Rainbows are schooling fish, seems normal to me.

I hear what your saying. However, its not all rainbow fish that are doing it. There's a gourami, a killifish (not pictured but does it) clown loaches. Also, it doesn't explain how they dart forward to eat something they see in the water. I swear they are waiting for something to appear and eat it.

My fish dart for anything in the water so when a little piece of detris floats by someone always grabs for it thinking its food. Plus mine will eat little bits of plant matter if it's the right size if it's in the water column.

Rivercats said:
My fish dart for anything in the water so when a little piece of detris floats by someone always grabs for it thinking its food. Plus mine will eat little bits of plant matter if it's the right size if it's in the water column.

Yeah I was thinking that's it. I'm new to plants so maybe that's why they never did it before. Crazy that they line up like that though. Seems like they are waiting for something. They used to do it for my Danios when they were laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom