What's your favorite cory cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking of getting a school of about 8 Cory cats for my 55 gallon planted (See 55 Transformation thread). I don't want huge ones, but I want some really active ones. What do you prefer?

Albinos or pandas. They are my favorites.

I wouldn't. My Cories get meaty foods for main diet. Live food drives them wild :)

It won't hurt them, but Cory breeders use live worms and shrimp and meat based flakes and pellets.

My club member breeds Cories.

What would veggies do? So they are more on the carnivorous side of omnivore? And what worms work the best?

Can I feed them raw cucumber?

I doubt they'd eat it. Meaty sinking foods and live worms or brine shrimp are their favorites. I feed Omega One Shrimp pellets and Color flakes and frozen or live worms and Brine Shrimp. Omega One algae wafers are part of their diet.

Mine ignore fresh or blanched veggies and greens.

I wouldn't. My Cories get meaty foods for main diet. Live food drives them wild :)

It won't hurt them, but Cory breeders use live worms and shrimp and meat based flakes and pellets.

My club member breeds Cories.

Ok, thank you!

I doubt they'd eat it. Meaty sinking foods and live worms or brine shrimp are their favorites. I feed Omega One Shrimp pellets and Color flakes and frozen or live worms and Brine Shrimp. Omega One algae wafers are part of their diet.

Mine ignore fresh or blanched veggies and greens.

Ok, thank you!

How long ago did you get them? They look very happy and healthy in the pic :D.

I would say about a year maybe a little more. The second one looks identical just a little smaller. They are together almost all of the time , funny to watch.

My little julii is my favorite fish! She loves to ride the bubbles up from the airstone and the swims to the bottom to do it again. If another fish comes along to hog the bubbles, she just moves somewhere else and finds more bubbles. She is active and curious and I never know where to look for her in the tank or what she will do next.

My little julii is my favorite fish! She loves to ride the bubbles up from the airstone and the swims to the bottom to do it again. If another fish comes along to hog the bubbles, she just moves somewhere else and finds more bubbles. She is active and curious and I never know where to look for her in the tank or what she will do next.

That'd be really fun to watch! A Cory riding the bubbles then falling back down :).

Used to love this albino I had, he lived forever! Survived a move from the form back home (about a 2 hour drive) n the floor board of about a 25% full tank... Lil hearty mo fo

I love my metae's! Absolutely my favorite! Also known as Bandit cories.

There's also a pretty cool one up for auction this week on aquabid from Lotsoffish, Cory virginiea, but I believe they are pretty rare as I've never seen them available before.

Juhlii's and pandas are also really cool, I always wanted them, but along with peppered, emerald, and albino, they are just too common for me, so I went with the Bandit's. I think I also have a small school of habrosus, along with a single peppered male somewhere in my 28g, but I never see them because they all blend in to my heavily planted tank so well.

Pictures with lava rock in them are metae's, and the black background is the virginiea

Attachments

• image-2155487172.jpg
    image-2155487172.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-775644680.jpg
    image-775644680.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image-3128339226.jpg
    image-3128339226.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 56
I love my metae's! Absolutely my favorite! Also known as Bandit cories.

There's also a pretty cool one up for auction this week on aquabid from Lotsoffish, Cory virginiea, but I believe they are pretty rare as I've never seen them available before.

Juhlii's and pandas are also really cool, I always wanted them, but along with peppered, emerald, and albino, they are just too common for me, so I went with the Bandit's. I think I also have a small school of habrosus, along with a single peppered male somewhere in my 28g, but I never see them because they all blend in to my heavily planted tank so well.

Pictures with lava rock in them are metae's, and the black background is the virginiea

I love badit cories too! And Lotsoffish is a great seller. I might go and try to get those Cory virginiea. :)

Back
Top Bottom