Whats your favorite freshwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abigail Hudson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gall tank and and only a few tiny fish inside. Whats a good fish to add?

AquaKai said:
The question is what few tiny fish? Answer this and you'll have lots of answers!

I have two hatchets and three platy, all about an inch

I would do a school of cories at the bottom, add like 2-3 more hatchets, and maybe a school of small tetras. I'd wait for some more people who know this stuff better than me:)

AquaKai said:
I would do a school of cories at the bottom, add like 2-3 more hatchets, and maybe a school of small tetras. I'd wait for some more people who know this stuff better than me:)

Thx. Whats a good pretty tetra for beginners?

Cardinals, penguin, black neon, red eyed tetra, neon. They're all pretty easy, tetras I mean.
Listen to bruinsbro, he knows stocking pretty well!

Well than you have way more experience than me! And Abigail, really do listen to him. And pretty much most tetras will work!

AquaKai said:
Well than you have way more experience than me! And Abigail, really do listen to him. And pretty much most tetras will work!

Thx! Whats the minimum amoumt of tetras i can get?

Depends. If they were the only fish in the tank you could do about twenty neons. But it also depends on what other fish you want. If you're just going to add tetras seven or eight of your choice should be good, if you wanted to add more fish I'd do six and choose the smaller species like neons and glowlights.

Back
Top Bottom