whatwhatwhat now??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishmael

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok...so i bought a black mystery snail today...and this guy is huge...like a small human fist.....anyway i check on the tank a few hours later and see a fish tail sticking out of the snail shell. apparantly, one of these fish poked his nose in the shell and got stuck and now the snail is fully tucked in his shell fish and all.

so, is the fish a goner or will he maybe work his way out?

ishmael said:
so, is the fish a goner or will he maybe work his way out?
well, both answers were right-he got out, but not until he was dead. i hope the other fish have learned from this-don't mess with the giant snail. :lol:

Wow! 8O Jeez. That's tough. One time, a clown loach of mine got stuck in a decoration, but worked himself out w/o human assistance (human assistance was actually tried and didn't work, but that's a different story . . . ). But I don't know if that's possible with the snail! I mean, snails move, and he can shift his shell to maybe block the exit or something. Is there any possible way of moving the shell so the fish can back his way out or something?

"work your fins out and then start wiggling" 8P lol during history today during history uhh nvm we were looking at a map and i saw a fishing thing on the industry and i started saying "swim down" lol if you can understand what im saying to you swim down... hey thats my dad... just keep swimming... just keep swimming... everybody swim down

PlatyLady said:
What? Your snail ate a fish!? 8O Crazy amazing!

I was watching a show on the OLN (outdoor living network) and they were showing the most venemous animals. One was a snail that can be found amongst others in coral reefs which has developed a method of creating a dart (actually a hollow tooth) filled with an extremely toxic poison that would kill a human quite fast. It uses this dart to hunt and kill fish as well as self defense.

Back
Top Bottom