when is it time to change my filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 with jon....do not rinse it off with tap water so your good bacteria will not be gone.

and beware of the tetra brand with the times trips and the supposable change every two weeks thing.. its all BULLCRAP!!!.LOL thats only an attempt to get more money out of ya, +1 to mfd and daileene,change it when it falls apart..

I got tired of buying replacement filter cartridges. I bought a giant bag of polyester stuffing and that's what I use in place of the carbon cartidges.

I did that before and it was a big mistake, I always have a mini cycle everytime I changed cartridges..

When it's falling apart, awesome that's gonna save me money. Darn you pet stores!!

I third the motion. What daileene said is also absolutely correct. The only exception is if the filter itself becomes gunked up.

AquaClear does suggest that you periodically remove the water pump from the filter to clean out the impeller. Every few months or so. I burned one up once by forgetting to do that.

Back
Top Bottom