when measuring fish, do u include the tail ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
also, when measuring ANGELS, do you measure from left to right or from top to bottom??

Here's what's usually done....

Most fish are measured lengthwise, not including the tail.
Angelfish are usually quoted in coin size, like dime, nickel, quarter, half-dollar, etc.

All my measurements are with no tail included. So when I say 6 inches, it's just the body and no tail. But for angels, will go by coin sizes.

Lonewolfblue said:
Angelfish are usually quoted in coin size, like dime, nickel, quarter, half-dollar, etc.

i'm from australia - so I don't have those coins.

Can you please tell me the size of those coins in diameter.

A dime is roughly 3/4 inches or 1 3/4 cm.
I don't have a nickel on me, so not sure.
A quarter is approx 1 inch, or 2 3/4 cm. Nickel is in between the dime and the quarter.
And half dollars I thing are roughly 1 3/4 inches to 2 inches. They are pretty scarce here, and I don't have one.

When I went to the lfs and was asking about angelfish, they asked me if I was looking for dimes, nickels, quarters, or half dollars. lol. I asked them how many half dollars they could give me, lol. If I get my angels, I'm going to go through a breeder and get quarter sized ones.

if yoi included tails in measuring angels you could have angels that are longer than a foot mabey(Veil tails).

p.s. i just moved an angel into a tank with the other one and I just noticed their cleaning a leaf to spawn on, one is pure white with blue eyes, veil tail the other is pearls skin golden.

this is going to be awsome!

Back
Top Bottom