When powers out, how will they live??? Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
during all the hurricanes victims with tanks used car batterys and power inverters to run the filters, lights, heaters and air pumps, its easy to set up, just by a car battery set it by the tank and connect the inverter to the battery using its jumper cable type connections and it will run everything for your tank for a couple weeks at least

Thats a cool idea. I was also thinking you know the little bird fountains that you have that pour water out all the time do those take batteries or is it a naturalsiphon that makesthem work? Maybe I could use that in the future for aeriation and filtration if I modify a bit. That would be neat.

Glad to hear your power is staying on for the mean time OceanMaiden. Its kind of funny someone on hear had to bring up the hurricanes.

You dont exactly know what lengths you will go to to take care of your pets. In this case the fish tank. The power was out for a little less than a week during that crazy hurricane season last year. I think it was francis, I'm glad thats overwith know, but when you relise your pets are in better condition than you are; you know your dedicated to them.

Back
Top Bottom