When should I add new fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Citicricket

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am so glad to have found this place...it is nice that people with experience are willing to take the time to answer silly questions like mine! I have a newer 45 gal set-up, it has been running about 9 weeks and we are past the "new tank syndrome" and made it through a bout of ich. I treated the tank with copper-safe about 3 weeks ago and left the four carbon filters that had been in the tank about a month in place. The temp was bumped to 83 and there are now no signs of ich or unhappy fish. I changed out about 10 gals over the weekend. I have 3 platys, 1 molly, 5 neons and 2 veil tail tetras and would like to add two gouramis and maybe a loach. So do I add them now when there is still copper-safe to protect them all from ich or should I add new carbon to the filters to remove the meds first? I am not anywhere close to a private shop so I have to buy fish from PetSmart or Petco, I look really closely at them but ya just don't know if they are really "clean".

Thanx for pointing that out Gman: have a few kudos for doing my job LOL

I'm going to close this thread out as mostly everyone answered in the other thread (we are all over the place Citicricket, don't worry about a question getting missed of someone has an answer :) ).

You might want to throw this over in that other thread megnmick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom