When to test for what. ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I said something about a drying rack for my testing tubes and TomK2 was all over that - I bet that's where he's been lately. :grin:

I usually hold my tubes in the air and drop away with the other hand - and my 5mL syringe came from the hospital where my wife works. 8)

I'm with tank girl as far as water changes go; 50% or even more. I don't test (well sometimes I use the pool kit to check the pH), and I use my test strips (Mardel) to check the pool for total alkalinity. I have never had a problem with large water changes, but have had problems letting it go too long or not changing enough.

I am still a newbie, I test weekly. I am going to build that homemade kit holder thought! That is a great idea! Thanks for posting the link!

What he built is not really what I was thinking. Basically wooden boxes about the size of a cig pack. It will have a little pull out tray that will hold the vials when not in use. Then just pull out the vials and put them in their holes on the top of the box where the tests are marked. Basically something that I can keep 1 in each tank stand that corresponds to that tank. That way my Master Test Kit box isn't full of vials all the time.

I have a Mardel test kit and a few AF reagent kits. The NO3 test is totally out of wack! The Mardel strips read 40, and the AF kit reads between 10 and 20. Any sugestions????

I would believe the AF test, unless it is old. A Lamotte test kit will be about $50, but they are extremely reliable.

No matter which test kit is right, a water change would not hurt anything. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom