Where are my fish going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is really weird. I've only lost 2 fish in the last 6 months, however both of them completely disappeared.

I track my tanks everyday making sure each fish is okay, et cetera however twice fish have just disappeared and I can't find a body or anything anywhere.

Both times they were smaller fish. In today's case I'm rumy nose tetra.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I check in my dryer along with my missing socks?

What else is in the tank?

Most likely they have died from something and the tank-mates have eaten the remains. It's not uncommon for fish to eat other dead fish. Sometimes they may not wait until the fish is fully dead.

Other than that perhaps you have something in the tank that is large enough to eat them whole.

Are there any bigger fish in there that could have eaten the small ones? Also, have looked outside around the tank? Could have jumped over? Once, I had my canister outflow pointed against the wall and water was bit high close to the rim. One of my inquisitive rasboras went very close, got swept by the current and landed on the glass top. It was too late when I realized what had happened :(

I know they haven't jumped so must have been eaten. Bones and all??

The tetras arent tiny, and the largest fish are a few gourami and 2 Kribs.

Weird :)

I know they haven't jumped so must have been eaten. Bones and all??

The tetras arent tiny, and the largest fish are a few gourami and 2 Kribs.

Weird :)

I'd say they were lunch ... several months back I added 6 new Cardinal Tetras to my son's 10gal ... along with the 4 I already had, that made 10. Well ... day by day starting on the 3rd day .. over the course of 2 weeks, I was down to 3. Never found a body ... the Ghost shrimp and other tetras must've had a field day.

Back
Top Bottom