Where can I find Indian Almond Leaves for my betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am reading that these are excellent for bettas :

One square inch per ½ gallon or one leaf per 10-gallon tank works magic. The tannic and humic acids color the water, drop the pH, and harden the bettas’ scales. The overall effect enhances their ability to ward off diseases. We’ve seen the results and were impressed. Torn fins and injuries heal faster. Definitely use the leaves.

courtesy of Conditioning your Betta splendens

I would like to obtain some of this so I can help nurse my betta to excellent condition.

what about a piece of driftwood? if you can't find them. DW leeches the same tannins (i think) into the water that lower the pH

Can these be found at like a health store? I am pretty sure that I read that somewhere on here...

I would go through Amy Lim on ebay. I ordered from her, and they were in GREAT condition, and come with directions. I got them shipped and everything from the Phillippines and they were only are $12. :)

I remember ordering Indian Almond leaves once from a guy I knew in Sri lanka. He was exporting these and I happened to bump into him when I was on holiday there. He was calling his leaves Miracle Leaf. Im not sure how to get in touch with him now but he may be on the web.. Excellent stuff.. wish I got more..lol..and the price was affordable as well.

eBay, google shopping, forum classifieds, etc. You can also buy it in liquid form, many products such as tetra betta, containing pure Indian almond leaf extract. I also use Mopani wood from Petco.

Back
Top Bottom