Where did my Platys go???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, it has been a while since I have posted..

my 45 gal is running good, I am in need of a water change though.

I have 2 Otos, 2 Cories, 2 Serpae tetras, 3 Black fin tetras, 3 Mollies and I had 6 Platys. I noticed one floating today :( but while looking int he tank I only saw 2 others, not 5.. I moved all the decorations and such to find them with no Avail? is it possible my other fish ate them? if not where did they go? I am confused on that..

Did you look inside of the ornaments? If the fish did die it is quite possible the other fish ate them. But quite often fish can hide very well.

I doubt Platys are the kind of fish that would want to hide, especially because you don't have any aggressive fishes in your tank. I would rather say that they died and got eaten by the others, which can happen pretty quickly.

Are your water parameters fine? I would make some tests and do a good pwc.

Tiffi said:
I doubt Platys are the kind of fish that would want to hide, especially because you don't have any aggressive fishes in your tank. I would rather say that they died and got eaten by the others, which can happen pretty quickly.

Are your water parameters fine? I would make some tests and do a good pwc.

That was my guess. I will do a PWC this weekend hopefully

Back
Top Bottom