where did my pleco go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I just removed everything from my tank, and vaccumed with my weekly water change. It's been about a week or 10 days since I've seen my pleco and I didn't see him while cleaning. He's a good 3 1/2 inch long rubberlip pleco. If he died I.should have at least.found a body, being that big he.couldn't have decomposed or been eaten away.that quickly. Not really sure what I'm asking other than where could he be

Depends on the size of your tank as to whether it's possible he's hiding and depends on your stocking as to whether he's been devoured...

It's 150g and 9 corys 10 blackskirt tetras 2 honey gouramis, 3 turquoise rainbows, 3 baby yo-yo loaches, 0 am 0 trite, ~10 trates

Some plecos are extremely adept at hiding. Even to the point of going into a structure and staying attached to it out of water. Lol

I'd bet he's hiding. I have a clown in my 29. I'll go a good 14 days without seeing him. Then one day, BOOM!! He is out in the open.

I really hope he's just hiding, I really like him. It just blows my mind I had.the tank ripped apart.

Check inside your filter housing, my Clown Pleco managed to get into mine a few months ago. Even if you think it's impossible for him to get into a spot - check it.

I've had them go up the filter line to canister and get hung up at the shut off valves:(

I am going to agree that he could be hiding, but for what it's worth, that is also most definitely more than enough time to decompose a body if he died, especially with bottom feeders in your tank. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

CichlidSensai said:
I've had them go up the filter line to canister and get hung up at the shut off valves:(

That's crazy did you not have the little screen over the pipe? How did you wind up finding him?

absolutangel04 said:
I am going to agree that he could be hiding, but for what it's worth, that is also most definitely more than enough time to decompose a body if he died, especially with bottom feeders in your tank. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Well thanks for being honest... I don't know how he could have died, my water parameters, etc have stayed golden. He'd only been in my tank a few weeks though, I.guess he could have come home sick :-/

When I went to clean filter pad I realized I couldn't shut the valve cause he was in there!!!

Back
Top Bottom