Where do i put my guppy!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishie said:
Petsmart employee said it would be fine :(

One of the very first things you learn is NOT to listen to the petsmart employee. Lol.
You are going to have to do some serious thinking and researching on your fish. If you can't get a bigger tank then your left with rehoming. Most of us start out in this hobby with fish not suited to our tanks. One of my first fish was a red tail shark! Luckily I was able to get a larger tank for him.

Lol he sounded educated and had a tank himself. I won't listen to them anymore ! Found fish bowl for guppy do he is all cool :) I will get another 10G this Friday then Christmas 129G :D 10G for guppy and small fish.

Fishie said:
I know... Otherwise I wouldn't of asked the question.

Odviously you dont know because you are suprised your guppy got eaten by a jack dempsy/blood parrot, which shouldnt even be in that small of a tank.

Fishie said:
Lol he sounded educated and had a tank himself. I won't listen to them anymore ! Found fish bowl for guppy do he is all cool :) I will get another 10G this Friday then Christmas 129G :D 10G for guppy and small fish.
Haha they always do!
Make sure you keep him warm enough and change nearly all of his water everyday to avoid ammonia buildup.

Mumma.of.two said:
Haha they always do!
Make sure you keep him warm enough and change nearly all of his water everyday to avoid ammonia buildup.

Okay :) had a goldfish before though in it do I gave it to friend and be fed it to one of his fish :(

Hey now, I work there. Dont lump us all into the same place. lol.

Rehome the blood parrot and JD ASAP, whether it be in your future tank I see you've mentioned in your other posts or back to Petsmart to where they belong.

For the record, most Petsmarts aren't that bad. There are some decent ones if you know where to look. The one here is bad, the one that's a long drive away is okay. Depends on the fish store, you can't just lump them all into one group.

maxwellag said:
Actually most petsmarts are bad... including mine

Better than wal-mart lol employees is only thing I got a problem with. -.-

bruinsbro1997 said:
Rehome the blood parrot and JD ASAP, whether it be in your future tank I see you've mentioned in your other posts or back to Petsmart to where they belong.

For the record, most Petsmarts aren't that bad. There are some decent ones if you know where to look. The one here is bad, the one that's a long drive away is okay. Depends on the fish store, you can't just lump them all into one group.

Okay I guess I will rehome them :(

Just wanted to add in... Its not easy if you get hired at the LFS without a history with animals. They teach you "their" way to keep fish, which is, of course, the best way to make money in their eyes. Alot of people dont know better, and of course, if noone tells them they are wrong, how will they know?

Of course, you should always take what anyone says with a grain of salt. Doing your own research saves you time, effort, and money. :)

Never knew really when I saw I do t like petsmart or wal Mart I always by me or certain employee not trying to be a hater!

Ya most retail chain fish departments are bad. I'm lucky to have one that I work next to and I talk weekly with the dept manager and the supervisor. Thank god both have aquariums themselves and gave me good info when I started. The people here are great resources also. I've learned much from reading past posts. Cuz to be honest finding good knowledgable advice here in Canada is rough because most lfs are large retailers. And I find that unless you got big dollars the smaller stores aren't overly dedicated to helping with the hobby

Back
Top Bottom