Where do i put my guppy!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My last guppy got eaten by a cichlid :( rip mini gup. I don't want this one eaten I got 29G which it is in cichlid bullying it. Got 10G with platy fry also got homemade breeders trap fry can get in+out idk what to do!

Put the guppy in the homemade breeder, supposing that it is not able to escape it

What kind of cichlids are they? Generally cichlids should only be kept with fish of the same size and temperament... Guppies really arent a good mix with them.

What kind of cichlids are they? Generally cichlids should only be kept with fish of the same size and temperament... Guppies really arent a good mix with them.

I agree. Don't put the guppy with the cichlids. IMO the best place is in the breeder thing. Can you describe the breeder for us? Does it sit in the ten gallon? What's it made out of?

KonvictKeeper said:
Put it in the breeder. Why are you keeping guppies and cichlids together? You're asking for a problem. Not to be rude.

Fry would got eaten

Talvari said:

Blood parrot and jack Dempsey

Fishie said:
Fry would got eaten

If you put it in the breeder it could only be there a couple days at the most. That would really stress it out

Fishie said:
Blood parrot and jack Dempsey

Holy crud, thats not good. Get rid of those fish and put the guppy in the 29. A 29 is WAY to small for both fish, even if they are small

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Your guppy will be eaten very soon if you dont get him out of tere

I know... Otherwise I wouldn't of asked the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gboy66 said:
If you put it in the breeder it could only be there a couple days at the most. That would really stress it out

:O umm trying to make homemade tank divider right now put t in breeder thingy.

Mumma.of.two said:
I have an answer. Stop buying fish on a whim. Trade the guppy in if you don't have a permanent home for him.

Friends gave em to me!

Still the same thing. Dont take in fish you can't give a proper home.

That Jack Dempsey should not be in a 29 gallon tank, anyways. They need more space. The blood parrot would be fine if he were by himself...

Talvari said:
Still the same thing. Dont take in fish you can't give a proper home.

That Jack Dempsey should not be in a 29 gallon tank, anyways. They need more space. The blood parrot would be fine if he were by himself...

Petsmart employee said it would be fine :(

Mumma.of.two said:
Well they should have traded him not given it to you since you don't have room. I'm not trying to be rude just stating the facts.

My fault I was just mad at myself for stupidity . Your not rude just helpful :) imma get receipt and return.

Back
Top Bottom