Where do most people keep their aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For those of you that only have one aquarium, which room in the house do you keep it?

• In a room that you spend a lot of time in (such as a living room or family room)?

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • In a room that you spend little time in (such as a basement or rec room)?

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
I keep mine in a spare bedroom that dosn't recieve much traffic, but I spent a lot of time in that room. (because my fish are there)

I like to study in that room, its quiet, and I find watching fish relaxing.

iv got a 10 g on top of my tv unit, one 30 gal on top of a table in my room, then a 100 g with a piranha, on the floor in my room.

i live in a studio and have no room...besides a bathroom but that doesnt really count as a room...
i constantly hear the waterfall noise all the time even as i sleep and i used to have dreams about my fish tank LOL
gradually over time i got used to the sound and now it really helps me fall asleep easier
my room also gets very dry due to its lack of ventillation in the room and the fish tank keeps my place moist and breathable

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about this anymore because I brought the stand and tank in the living room just to see what it looks like and my wife actually likes it there now. Now I just gotta make sure to set up a nice looking tank!

living room... and does it piss my gf off. i love my fish and keep them in the room that i spend the most of my time in. if i didnt keep them there i think i might neglect them.

I just got a 50 gallon and assumed I would put it there (my wife doesn't want it in the living room). But now I am wondering if I should just put it in the basement. We don't really hang out down there much, ...... I really want to know is if people usually put their tanks in rooms that they are in all the time, or do you put them in less frequented rooms and make the effort to go there to watch you fish?..... Do you tend to not watch your fish as often if they aren't in a room where you are all the time?

I have them in two different rooms 2 in rec. room and 1 in son's bedroom. We are in the rooms quite alot but the tanks at in a quieter area of the rooms. I look in on the fish at different times even if I am not in that room for something else. Once you start watching them you can be fascinated by their behavior for awhile.

I got my 55g right next to my bed so I can watch them through the side. They all come over to see me (me=food but hey I can pretend they like me). Plus the waterfall is really good white noise.

I have:

20g, 10g, 10g in kitchen
30g in dining room
5g in my room
40g in livingroom
75g, 15g, 10g in basment

all reshwater.

I have a lot of tanks lol.

I have 1 tank... 20 gallon... its in my bedroom (where I wpend just about all my time as I have 4 roomates) oposite wall of my bed next to the tv, at the foot of my bed :D so I can watch them when I go to sleep and when I wake up sometimes I watch then for 5-10 mintes before I get going in teh AM

All of mine are in the livingroom which is my home office. They help keep my stress levels down and are an excuse to stop working, breath, and just watch, feed, or clean them.

i dont think any of those match up. most are in its own room plus one in the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom