Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2005, 04:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Where do you get your live food?

Being new here, it has probably been posted before but I am asking again. Where are the best places to get live food cultures:

Whiteworms, microworms, vinegar eels, grindal worms etc.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to mandi
http://www.livefoodcultures.com/

Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Sag_77
Well for me I was given a vinegar eels culture and had problems with it...me just being a dummy. I got my microworms off of eBay and they have done nothing but thrive after I changed the base mixture. All I did was google them and found the best deal possible. Hope that helped!

TTFN
Old 03-15-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have only purchased microworms and white worms as live foods. Each time I bought them off of www.aquabid.com and it was always the same seller:

www.livefoodcultures.com

They gave me free shipping each time and were very punctual. Plus, they gave me instructions for continuing the culture that were easily understandable.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for all the ideas. I went to www.livefoodcultures.com and they are currently demiting their grindal worms. I ordered some from http://eric.petfish.net/grindal.htm . Will be getting microworms, whiteworms and vinegar eels from livefoodcultures.

One word of advice, might not carry much weight from a beginner, but make sure you have at least 3 different ideas for culturing so that you can set up 3 of them to see which one works. Always better safe than sorry because culturing one way might not work where you live as conditions always vary.

One last thing, patience, patience, patience!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:08 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

http://www.livefoodcultures.com/ nice site my start buying there

i go here the items here are a tad bigger because i have to feed my arowana somehow it sucks because time and time again i have failed in achieving feeding it pellets so went to the web looking for "natural foods" and i found these sites

http://www.nyworms.com/
http://www.herpshop.com.au/(click food) chose this roach site for there speckled roaches that they sell lets just say its cheaper than the feeder madagascan hissing roached from the site above it
Feeding_Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:26 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You can get earth worms at bait shops or dig your own. My oscar eats them whole. I chop them up with a razor blade for the smaller fish. They love them.

Tags
food, live, live food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com