Where do you guys get your driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryehard

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been looking for some nice pieces of driftwood like I've seen in the members showcase to attach java fern and java moss to, but so far I haven't had any luck. I know I can find them online, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what types of stores I should look at (aside from the petsmart near me that doesn't have anything)? If not, what are some good websites people have ordered from?

You're not too far from Absolutely Fish in Clifton, NJ... They have a great store and you would definitely find some good pieces at $6 a pound.

their site is www.absolutelyfish.com

If not, there's a site called florida driftwood (Google it)

Wow... excellent prices at aquaticeco, and the next time I'm down near clifton I'll have to check out absolutely fish. Seems like a great store... thanks guys!

Nice! Yeah I tried finding wood near my house, but in New York all you can really find is old bug infested rotting pieces... especially this time of year. Hey PrettyFishies, how's that Aquarium City place near Paramus? I saw it last time I was down there but never checked it out...

lol $6 per pound that sucks. i guess there are some perks to being in canada. i can pic up like 3 different types of driftwood all for 1.99 to 2.30 per pound. the big als near me is amazing. are there many big als in the states? i have a list of all the stores in canada then it say the american stores but the only listed is the main florida farm where they ship all there fish from. they have awesome online service and prices and there stores are even better. to bad they dont sell driftwood online lol

I live in Colorado, and seeing as we are in the middle of the US there is no driftwood at our Petco's and my LFS only gets like 10 peices at a time, its pretty lame. I have been riding my horse up the creeks near the barn to look for dead trees and branches. I have found a few, but seeing as my horse is insane I don't have any way to bring them back with out her freaking out lol. I am going to go look near the cat tail feild near my house once it gets warm.

Back
Top Bottom