Where the heck do you get ammonia from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sum22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been looking around for ammonia without surfactants and I'm not finding anything.

I found clear ammonia at walmart and it said it has surfactants, but it didn't foam when I shook it. When I went by the .99 cent store, they had ammonia, one didn't foam but it didn't have an ingredient list on the bottle. So now I'm really confused.

I was thinking about supplementing my tank with ammonia, once my fish go to their new home tomorrow, so I don't lose all the bacteria and I can get a couple of new fish to tide me over until I upgrade to something larger.

Advice? Thoughts?

ace hardware. I'll check there when I run out tomorrow.

Say I can't find anything, how about fish food? I just need to maintain for about a week, setup, and about 2 days without any aeration. Keeping the filter and gravel wet wont be hard. I can just put it on a bucket on my move.

ordering online is kinda a waste since I'm trying to keep from losing what I already have rather than starting from scratch, otherwise, that idea would be just fine.

I don't know if you have the grocery store Food Lion there or not, but that is where I got my straight ammonia.

Ace definitely carries the Ammonia. It's Ace brand BTW. Otherwise, yeah you can use fish food or raw shrimp. It's not pleasant smelling, but it'll work.

I actually got mine from wal-mart, it dosn't have surfactants and didnt foam when i shook it....I looked around online and others have used it for fish-less cycling as well.

I picked up some from ace. The brand I found at walmart had surfactants as an ingredient. They are doing a store remodel, so perhaps some of their stock was not out.

Back
Top Bottom