Where to buy bettas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agp

Aquarium Advice Freak
For betta owners, where do you buy your bettas? I'm looking at Aquabid and 99% of the bettas listings there are from Thailand...

They are from Thailand, but they are shipped to a specific person in the US, and then to you.
I bought one at PetSmart, one at Petco, and 2 at this crappy pet store in a small town.

Unless you're really looking for something special, the bettas from Petsmart and Petco do ok. The bettas on Aquabid look nice, but not $20+ over local price nice IMO.

All my bettas have come from Petsmart. Only one betta died within 24 hours of my buying him. I've bought about four males and one female from Petsmart. My current betta has been with me for about six months and has beautiful coloring. I'll attach a picture.

Attachments

• Sayonara - Tree.jpg
    Sayonara - Tree.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 62
If you want show quality bettas, you would want to see if there is a local breeder (local club, etc). Otherwise, the pet store bettas are OK.

jsoong hit it on the dot, breeders are the way to go if you want a specific color other than the normal red/blue

otherwise, you are stuck with the LFS ones, and dont buy them unless they are restocking, cause they are prob on their way out

I have a few black orchid crowntails left. They're nice fish and you wouldn't have to pay a transshipper. :)

Back
Top Bottom