Where to buy Neon/Glowlight Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abw0004

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering where would be a good place to buy Neon or Glowlight Tetras? A while back I bought some from Petco but they had bumps on them to I returned them out of fear of Neon Tetra Disease and I have two Breeding GBR's that I absolutely did not want to get sick. I want a high quality Tetra, but eBay has these fish listed for $50-100 for 6. That really did not make sense to me as you can buy them for $1 at Petco. Any suggestions?

Check aquabid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was checking out the glow lights at petsmart yesterday, $1/ea., wow! Right?? Half of them had S curved spines.. i would never risk it..

I do have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that I will put them in and use Paraguard but from what I read Neon Tetra Disease has no cure even if I quarantine. So it just worries me on what to do really. If the tetras online were cheaper it wouldn't be so hard. Mean it's the difference between $1 and $100. I mean COME ON. Haha. Does anyone on here sell them?

I do have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that I will put them in and use Paraguard but from what I read Neon Tetra Disease has no cure even if I quarantine. So it just worries me on what to do really. If the tetras online were cheaper it wouldn't be so hard. Mean it's the difference between $1 and $100. I mean COME ON. Haha. Does anyone on here sell them?
Neon Tetra Disease?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=830+890?

Is there no locally owned fish store by you?

Check the classifieds, you should get good deals from people, they may even trade!

Yeah it is a big issue with them and isn't confined to just tetras. I actually looked at liveaquaria I just didn't know if there was a cheaper option. And I will have to goggle an aquarium specialty store. All the ones here are saltwater unfortunately.
Is it actually a deseas or just poor stock from inbreeding?

They're pretty cheap? There are a couple other online fish stores too.

Check the classifieds, you should get good deals from people, they may even trade!

No one sells tetras, and I mean no one.. they seem to be rather tough to breed in a hobbyist tank.

It is a disease. And I spoke with the worker in the fish store about breeding them and I was told if you plan on breeding them to never buy them from a store. The high nitrate in the store water messes with their ovaries and makes them infertile. You would need to buy from a personal aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom