Where to find unique aquarium decorations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

storm3884

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am setting up a new 55 gallon FW tank and a little dismayed at the lack of choices for decoration, mainly a few shipwrecks or castles (which I do like) or rocks. Does anyone have a website or store that sells/produces unique decorations? Cityscapes? People? Other themes?

Thanks for any advice.

Is there anything particular your looking for? It might be easier for us to give you suggestions on specifics.

Well, perhaps a city scene, like a NY landscape/skyline? Or any other different or unique theme!

Thanks for the help!

K.

:p

I have an Egyptian themed aquarium, check out my gallery :)

I bought the pieces at Petco, and while I was there some time ago I noticed they had some sort of city skyline that lit up! Check out the website www.petco.com and I will look around when I have spare time to see if I can come up with something for you :)

Good Luck!

Years ago I did my goldfish aquarium with plastic toys I got at a toy store. These were plastic dinosaurs, furniture for dollhouses, and I even used a plastic bunch of balloons (that you would stick in the top of a birthday cake) that a plastic person held! Look in places other than pet stores, and you will be surprised what you can find. You need to be careful about ceramic items that are not designed for food use or aquarium use, because they can leach toxins from the glaze.

Check cake decorating stores. They have some really cool items that you could use for decorating your tank! I had a hamster attachment in my tank and my fish would swim in and out of it. I had it in the bottom and my shark took over it for a while as a place to hide.
Use your imagination! ;) Your fish will love ya for it! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom