Where to get a lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesrm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need to get a lid for my 55g, where is the best place to get one from? I can get online or local, but I don't think my LFS is the best resource for that. I saw a post about just going to a glass shop, but can they put the hinge in the top as well?

Thanks

jamesrm said:
I need to get a lid for my 55g, where is the best place to get one from? I can get online or local, but I don't think my LFS is the best resource for that. I saw a post about just going to a glass shop, but can they put the hinge in the top as well?

Thanks
do you have a petco or petsmart? they carry them... i think the glass top for a 55 comes in two pieces (the one for my 75 does and it is the same length). two ~24 inch glass tops should fit as long as you have a center brace.

My LFS doesn't stock them, but was willing to special order one for me. Before finding that out I was going to buy it online and pay the shipping charge. Thanks to the LFS, they paid the shipping & I saved $$.

Cool, I didnt think Petsmart would carry them. Will look today :)

My new PC broke the back of my 46g lid. I got as thick a piece of untembered glass as I could (still a hair thinner than the original) cut at the local hardware store for $12.90. I already had the silicone sealer, made my own hinge...

Back
Top Bottom