Where to get blue gene cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Ok so fish in cycling with the labs in the 55. got it!

I'm going to suggest (you won't like it) that you rehome the JD and the labs. They just won't work with your current set ups and fish.
Put the parrots in the 55 (they will need even bigger in the future) and the platys in the 29. Then once your all sorted and the fish are in proper sized tanks you can think about getting the labs OR JD.

I guess I will have to listen to you by rehoming them sadly. Last time I tried but I couldn't do it but I will very sadly. They will have to sit in a 5G tank again poor jocktupus and milo. Wish they had something like layaway where they can keep your fish till you have room!

Fishie said:
I guess I will have to listen to you by rehoming them sadly. Last time I tried but I couldn't do it but I will very sadly. They will have to sit in a 5G tank again poor jocktupus and milo. Wish they had something like layaway where they can keep your fish till you have room!

Which fish are jocktupus and milo?

Mumma.of.two said:
Which fish are jocktupus and milo?

My blood parrot thought you said to get rid of them read all wrong but will actually get rid of lyla the lab and Oscar . Plus jack.

Mumma.of.two said:
Yes rehome the labs and jack. I'm sorry it's not what you want to do but it's what's best for your fish.

Trying to rehome to one of my friends with a bigger tank by tomorrow if not then lfs it is :(

Remember a few days ago when you posted that you got the 55 gallon?

Remember in that thread, where I advised you that it would be suitable for the parrots that you already have, no other cichlids?

I stand by that. No rudeness, no judgment, just sayin'.

Last edited:
severum mama said:
Remember a few days ago when you posted that you got the 55 gallon?

Remember in that thread, where I advised you that it would be suitable for the parrots that you already have, no other cichlids?

I stand by that. No rudeness, no judgment, just sayin'.

Yes I remember but when I see them in a 5G tank it makes me wanna buy them. I'm getting use to all the judgement so I know you all are not being rude friends :)

Fishie said:
Yes I remember but when I see them in a 5G tank it makes me wanna buy them. I'm getting use to all the judgement so I know you all are not being rude friends :)

But if you can't give them a proper home it's no better than the temporary tanks at the LFS.

Mumma.of.two said:
But if you can't give them a proper home it's no better than the temporary tanks at the LFS.
Texting my friend he has a 75G ( from his uncle) hoping to give my blood parrots to him or jack.

Mumma.of.two said:
Noooo. They need completely different temperatures. Can't be kept in the same tank.

Oh ok thanks but I will find a home soon otherwise I will just withdraw some money from the bank for a tanks.

If you can afford and decide to buy them tanks make sure you buy them tanks they can live out their lives in. That way you won't have to worry about them outgrowing it. You will need a tank for the platys, one for the BP, one for the JD and one for the labs.

Mumma.of.two said:
If you can afford and decide to buy them tanks make sure you buy them tanks they can live out their lives in. That way you won't have to worry about them outgrowing it. You will need a tank for the platys, one for the BP, one for the JD and one for the labs.

Ok I can just "borrow some money from my college fund" how fast do these cichlids grow?

Fishie said:
Ok I can just "borrow some money from my college fund" how fast do these cichlids grow?

I'm not 100% but fairly fast if conditions are right. Remember the new tanks will need cycling! If you need any help with that don't be afraid to ask. Research, research, research then research some more on their suitable tank sizes. Not all sites will give correct info so don't jut rely on one.

Mumma.of.two said:
I'm not 100% but fairly fast if conditions are right. Remember the new tanks will need cycling! If you need any help with that don't be afraid to ask. Research, research, research then research some more on their suitable tank sizes. Not all sites will give correct info so don't jut rely on one.

I've got a cichlid DVD today so it maybe could help me. I will research research and maybe research a ton more!

Back
Top Bottom