Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
So what is your current stock list(kind and how many)? Not the fish you are getting. And what sized tanks do you have? Not the ones your getting. I am confused what you actually have.
Also my profile is out of date. Right now I have a .5G, 55G, 29G and a 10G. In the 10G I have 43 fry. In 29G I have 2 blood parrots, had 2 electric yellow labs in 29G because level in my 55G were bad but having sit in 55G right now bagged and doing what you told me. Also I got a jack Dempsey and some platys .

30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fishie,

I know you like all those fish, but please...please...do not put BPs with yellow labs. And do not put yellow labs with platies. And do not put JDs with either BPs, yellow labs, or platies. You just do not have a big enough tank and until you get enough room to house all those fish you want they will not do good in a 29 or 55 Gallon tank together.

All I would suggest is get a 55 G with the 2BPs and leave the platies in the 29G and call it a day.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie

Also my profile is out of date. Right now I have a .5G, 55G, 29G and a 10G. In the 10G I have 43 fry. In 29G I have 2 blood parrots, had 2 electric yellow labs in 29G because level in my 55G were bad but having sit in 55G right now bagged and doing what you told me. Also I got a jack Dempsey and some platys .
10g is platy fry?
29g has 2 parrots, a JD, platys and 2 labs?
55g empty (please refresh my memory as to what I told you to do...)
Did I read that correctly?
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsbro1997
Fishie,

I know you like all those fish, but please...please...do not put BPs with yellow labs. And do not put yellow labs with platies. And do not put JDs with either BPs, yellow labs, or platies. You just do not have a big enough tank and until you get enough room to house all those fish you want they will not do good in a 29 or 55 Gallon tank together.

All I would suggest is get a 55 G with the 2BPs and leave the platies in the 29G and call it a day.
Yes!!!^^^
You need to stop buying fish without thinking it through. I know you are trying and have been asking advise but you don't give all the info needed to give correct advise.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

10g is platy fry?
29g has 2 parrots, a JD, platys and 2 labs?
55g empty (please refresh my memory as to what I told you to do...)
Did I read that correctly?
Yes you got that right but about to but yellow labs in 55G
Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Ok so fish in cycling with the labs in the 55. got it!

I'm going to suggest (you won't like it) that you rehome the JD and the labs. They just won't work with your current set ups and fish.
Put the parrots in the 55 (they will need even bigger in the future) and the platys in the 29. Then once your all sorted and the fish are in proper sized tanks you can think about getting the labs OR JD.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry for interrupting, but I found my BGJD at a LFS. I guess I was just lucky.
1.0 JD (JD Club #1!)
6.9 Guppies
0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
KonvictKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsbro1997
Fishie,

Um I thought platies and blood parrots get along. I have a lot of hiding spots if that helps them any I might go to lps this Friday. What it I get 2 20G and seprate platys and jacks Dempsey?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie

Um I thought platies and blood parrots get along. I have a lot of hiding spots if that helps them any I might go to lps this Friday. What it I get 2 20G and seprate platys and jacks Dempsey?
That won't work. The JD needs a bigger tank than a 20g. How many platys to you have? The BP are going to be too big for the 29 and the 55.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonvictKeeper
Sorry for interrupting, but I found my BGJD at a LFS. I guess I was just lucky.
(not going to get one yet) but where did you get it name of store? Is it a chain store?

Tags
cichlid, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com