Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #41
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
You probably won't find a blue gene JD randomly in a pet store, and if you do, it probably isn't the right thing. There's no physical difference between blue gene and regular JD's, so you are basically taking the breeder/seller's word on it that they came from a ebjd/jd pairing.

I have about 2 dozen or so BGJD fry growing out right now, they are about 2 weeks old
__________________

__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Obsessed
 
Mumma.of.two's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunny Queensland, Australia
Posts: 11,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey

I have about 2 dozen or so BGJD fry growing out right now, they are about 2 weeks old
congrats!
__________________

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US, Ga
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey
You probably won't find a blue gene JD randomly in a pet store, and if you do, it probably isn't the right thing. There's no physical difference between blue gene and regular JD's, so you are basically taking the breeder/seller's word on it that they came from a ebjd/jd pairing.

I have about 2 dozen or so BGJD fry growing out right now, they are about 2 weeks old
When they grow up maybe I will have room!
__________________
55G-Malawi setup
2 20G long-community (planted)
5G and 10g-Fry
30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #44
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
congrats!
Thanks. My pair regularly spawns every few weeks but the male has failed at fertilizing the last few months, so this was a surprise. He was fine with the last mate, but I've been switching him out with females (I got a bag of mixed blue gene/regular JDs and hoping to pair him with a BG), so it's been hit and miss.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
When they grow up maybe I will have room!
I'll keep you posted
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US, Ga
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey
Thanks. My pair regularly spawns every few weeks but the male has failed at fertilizing the last few months, so this was a surprise. He was fine with the last mate, but I've been switching him out with females (I got a bag of mixed blue gene/regular JDs and hoping to pair him with a BG), so it's been hit and miss.

I'll keep you posted
Great! Thanks!
__________________

__________________
55G-Malawi setup
2 20G long-community (planted)
5G and 10g-Fry
30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cichlid, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue tiger shrimp no longer blue? platycrazy19 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 12 12-10-2011 06:13 PM
Electric Blue Johanni Cichlid Holding t.bruf Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 1 12-08-2011 10:14 PM
Ice blue zebra cichlid spinning like a top Matman1110 Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 0 11-07-2011 01:26 PM
Aggressive Mbuna Cichlid Matman1110 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 16 09-05-2011 06:39 PM
Blue ram cichlid. Crew Cichlid Discussion 45 08-07-2011 04:17 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.