Where to get blue gene cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You probably won't find a blue gene JD randomly in a pet store, and if you do, it probably isn't the right thing. There's no physical difference between blue gene and regular JD's, so you are basically taking the breeder/seller's word on it that they came from a ebjd/jd pairing.

I have about 2 dozen or so BGJD fry growing out right now, they are about 2 weeks old :)

jetajockey said:
You probably won't find a blue gene JD randomly in a pet store, and if you do, it probably isn't the right thing. There's no physical difference between blue gene and regular JD's, so you are basically taking the breeder/seller's word on it that they came from a ebjd/jd pairing.

I have about 2 dozen or so BGJD fry growing out right now, they are about 2 weeks old :)

When they grow up maybe I will have room!

congrats! :)
Thanks. My pair regularly spawns every few weeks but the male has failed at fertilizing the last few months, so this was a surprise. He was fine with the last mate, but I've been switching him out with females (I got a bag of mixed blue gene/regular JDs and hoping to pair him with a BG), so it's been hit and miss.

When they grow up maybe I will have room!

I'll keep you posted :)

jetajockey said:
Thanks. My pair regularly spawns every few weeks but the male has failed at fertilizing the last few months, so this was a surprise. He was fine with the last mate, but I've been switching him out with females (I got a bag of mixed blue gene/regular JDs and hoping to pair him with a BG), so it's been hit and miss.

I'll keep you posted :)

Great! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom