Where to get MTS...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to the lfs today to see if they had any MTS. They didn't, said they are specialty snails and about the only way I can get them is online. Any recommendations out there?

Also, are there other snails that burrow like the MTS and stir up the sand?

liveaquaria.com sells them. I have never bough fish or anything from them, but they seem like a good site. They also have a rather good store to buy other supplies i forget the link but you can find it off liveaquaria.com
another site is That Fish Place if you google it the site should come up hth.

Ummm...you already have MTS Lonewolfblue :) Oops, sorry...you're talking about the snails right? LOL!

You can also try Aqua-Bid...great folks there...most of whom breed them.

I'm just suprised my lfs here doesn't have them. They have ramshorns, apple snails, and a couple others, but no MTS.

Yes, where can I get the other MTS? :mrgreen: 0X

Now I count about 20 pest snails in my small tank. After removing the loaches to the big tank, the numbers are on the rise. :oops:

i got mine from aquabid...practically for the price of shipping.

If you order fish from an online supplier, chances are that if you ask they will give some to you at no charge. Never hurts to ask, my online supplier offered to do this. Also check with your local aquarium society,there may be some members that are willing to donate or sell some to you locally.

Ask around some local aquarists (Washington has a couple of aquarium societies)...guaranteed there are a few aquarists that would be happy to give you a couple dozen.

Back
Top Bottom