Where to get pool filter sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta go with rookie on this. The two substrates would mix at some point with vacuuming and cleaning. Sounds like a losing proposition to me...

understandable...however with what i have in there its patches of 2-3 in. then other spots about 1....its shallow enough that light passes all the way through it....it some of the deepest areas.....i'll post pics..you let me know..its going to be later off to LFS....hahahahah...hahahahahahah MORE FISH stuff...its like crack

well here it is done. the bulb in the lid ( takes two but both need replaced, one is a black light that doesnt work anymore and the other bulb looks like crap, see picture) needs replaced, so could anyone recommend a good bulb? or should i run two? hopefully something with more natural light i think that bluish sucks. anyways i need that and decor, going to look at pictures of how people have done their tanks tonight and get some ideas. got some of my wifes old pantyhose im going to use that to seed my new tank, but should i try to get my hands on ammonia too? my dad was telling me handfuls of substrate from an established tank would take forever to help cycle a new tank just by itself. oh well any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!! ty again everyone for all of your help... will take better pics later too i didnt have my camera around so this is phone pic...

img_1026931_0_34885b96531a4643a5360ddb1754b260.jpg

I like Philips Natural Sunshine tubes from HD for around $4. and Philips Ultra Daylight for around $4 at HD. I like the first one (5000K) a little better as it has a higher CRI, but both are good, and inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom