Wheres my lighting at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I bought a nova extreme 24"double bulb (ho)t5, 24 watt/each and I already have a 15 watt t8 bulb so with those 3 lights on my 35g where does that put me

Also the 2 lights on the nova why is one blue and the other one red

Wanted to buy plants can anyone tell me where I am on my lighting thx

I'm not exactly sure but I have the same lighting on my 36 gallon bowfront and I'm around 1 watt per gallon. It may be the same for you but I'm not entirely sure tho. But you can grow good plants with that lighting:)

The total wattage is going to put you in medium maybe a tad higher. The colors seem to be all over the place but still usable. I think you will be surprised at what you can grow with that lighting.

rich311k said:
The total wattage is going to put you in medium maybe a tad higher. The colors seem to be all over the place but still usable. I think you will be surprised at what you can grow with that lighting.

Is having the colors all over a bad thing should I change the bulbs and also the single t8 has no reflector should I add one

I use 6500 and 10000K bulbs. Many folks have some number around 5400k they claim is the best, I have seen articles by magnificent aquatic gardeners that dispute that saying strength is it and that most any color will work including very blue wave lengths. I like the look of the mix of 6500 and 10000 so that is what I use.

A reflector will add more light. Do not get too crazy, what you are planning to use should be more than adequate.

Ok thx a lot the only plant I was worried about was my onion plant so that's good it will be ok

Is there any ground low lying plants I can grow or any plants with color

Back
Top Bottom