Wheres my Shrimp gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

archie.atkinson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

2 days a ago i brought home 5 yellow shrimp and i saw them all that day and then yesterday i could not find one(i don't know them well so i could be just not seeing different ones if you know what i mean). every time i look i can only see 4.

I think he might be hiding because i saw a shell so one has moulted.

And one more question. I have got a 19L tank, how many shrimp?

Thanks guys(and gals):thanks::thanks::thanks::fish2:

any other tank mates that may have eaten it?
in 19l you can have loads

Hi archie,
In any litre tank shrimp will only accomodate the given substrate space, so as many shrimps as will fit, although there lives will be more comfortable if you cull the populations keeping groups of 30 as most tropical shrimp will live for about 2 years :) and are kinda restricted by tank walls, otherwise they would just go reproduce somewhere else.
Shrimp tanks can be better than fish tanks at points :)

Hi archie,
In any litre tank shrimp will only accomodate the given substrate space, so as many shrimps as will fit, although there lives will be more comfortable if you cull the populations keeping groups of 30 as most tropical shrimp will live for about 2 years :) and are kinda restricted by tank walls, otherwise they would just go reproduce somewhere else.
Shrimp tanks can be better than fish tanks at points :)

okay thanks

Hello, do you have plants in your tank or a lot of deco? My shrimp can go for months not being seen in my 50 gallon, in fact I thought my amano shrimp was dead until a month later I stripped the tank and found him running circles around the perimeter! :lol: if he's molted he's got even more reason to hide, hope he turns up soon.

Hello, do you have plants in your tank or a lot of deco? My shrimp can go for months not being seen in my 50 gallon, in fact I thought my amano shrimp was dead until a month later I stripped the tank and found him running circles around the perimeter! :lol: if he's molted he's got even more reason to hide, hope he turns up soon.

how long does it take for there shell to harden?:)

Back
Top Bottom