Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm not familiar with Columbian tetras, but your original thought of a small school of cardinals would still work. I only have redeye tetras in my angelfish tank with my betta and no worries there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie View Post
Uh oh, I can't have that! No Columbians then. Thanks for the warning.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnipper59 View Post
I'm not familiar with Columbian tetras, but your original thought of a small school of cardinals would still work. I only have redeye tetras in my angelfish tank with my betta and no worries there.
Do you have angels in there too? I understood they don't mix well.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:34 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have 5 fully grown angelfish, 8 redeye tetras, 4 cories, and 1 betta. The only nervousness was when I put the betta in a few months ago. One of my angels swam up to investigate him as soon as I let him out of the bag. But the Betta just raised his fins and flared his gill covers at the angel as if to say bring it on sucker! The angel just went on about his business and everyone has gotten along fine ever since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie View Post
Do you have angels in there too? I understood they don't mix well.

Tags
tetra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com