Which Aquascape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the LFS today looking at the SW stuff (I might be starting a SW tank soon:angel:) and I saw a really cool piece of driftwood for a fairly good price (for there). It's a bit on the big side and fills up my 5.5g as well. I cannot decide if I like my new piece or my old piece better! What are your opinions?

OLD (before I put in the guppy grass and frogbit):

NEW:

I love the depth the new piece has, but it's really big...

It definitely dominates the small tank. The thing is use the piece you like the look of best since your the one who has to look at it all the time!

Well, if you have fast swimming fish (tetras,rasboras)I would do the smaller piece so there is more room for there activity level. If its just slow moving (betta) do the big one.

IMO go with the smaller piece. I am going through the same thing in a 20 g long. The moss covered DW takes up a good amount of space and, in my case, creates a large shadowed area (I need more room for plants).
eKdTVkH.jpg

It definitely dominates the small tank. The thing is use the piece you like the look of best since your the one who has to look at it all the time!
Yes it does! Thanks for your opinion:)
Well, if you have fast swimming fish (tetras,rasboras)I would do the smaller piece so there is more room for their activity level. If its just slow moving (betta) do the big one.
Well there are shrimp and least killies... Thanks for your opinion, it helps!
IMO go with the smaller piece. I am going through the same thing in a 20 g long. The moss covered DW takes up a good amount of space and, in my case, creates a large shadowed area (I need more room for plants).
eKdTVkH.jpg
First, LOVE your tank;) Second, I am kind of questioning taking it out because the shrimp are LOVING the new piece, there are so many nooks and crannies for exploration and grazing. However, I miss seeing my plants. I think that I am going to try rearranging my plants so that I can keep the ne piece!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom