Which Bottom Dweller To Add...Clowns? Pictus? Columbians?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have cancelled out the idea of the Tire Track Eel. The tank is 100g with two 6" Oscars (peaceful) And one 8" Fire Eel (also peaceful) I had some Panda Corys in there for a while but I moved them to another tank so I know the eel will be ok. The tank is well suited for bottom dwellers as it is 5 feet long and 2 feet wide. My final decision is one of those three fish but Im not sure which yet. I'm leaning more towards Clowns but you pay $15 for a 1" fish so Iam hesitant. The Columbians and the brackish thing is kinda messing me up to. I love Pictus and they look cool to. What would you do?

i think it's risky to put any of those fish with oscars. you certainly would not want to be putting a 1" fish with them. if you can get them good sized, i suppose either clowns or pictus would be ok, but you may find they hide a lot. the oscars may be peaceful now but i don't know how long they'll stay like that.

I wouldn't count on your fish remaining peaceful to the small bottom dwellers. Even though clowns get large, they don't start out that way. Pictus's whiskers might be temptation for the other fish to nip. Columbians do prefer salt in their water so that would rule them out for me. I would consider one of the many types of pleco's out there, you could probably find a larger pleco for very little from another aquarist that has one that has outgrown their tank.

There is a Gold Nugget in there with them I always forget to add plecos as I dont really think of them as fish they are there to clean up to me lol. Anyways Columbians are out due to the salt thing I thought so. The tank is loaded with plants and caves and when I had the Pandas in there they loved it and neither the Eel or Oscars ate them. No more plecos eaither I dont like them at all lol. I think I'm going to get 3 Pictus. I can get a 3" fish for $6 from Spencer Jack (Zagz you might have heard or even bought fish from him lol) Anyways I think that 3 Pictus that size should be ok with the Oscars they are really peaceful right now but may become little hell raisers who knows with Cichlids :roll:
Thanks!

I've both bought from and heard of Spencer Jack! Spencer has the best selection of fish anywhere near us.

Yes he does! Also really thinking about getting a Jardini from him. Saskatoons having ANOTHER group order lol. I'm gettin the Pictus, Geos, and maybe that Jardini for the soon to be built indoor pond lol.

I thought about going in on a group order myself but the RAS is having their giant auction is next month, I never leave empty handed. LOL

Back
Top Bottom