Which brand of dechlorinator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitche8359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know I've started a thread about this before, within the last six months, but using the search functionality I can't locate the thread. Hate to start it over, but I'm completely out of dechlorinator and need to get some in the next day or so. What brand do you all use?

Nice Ram... is it from your tank?

I was using Stress Coat and the last time I posted this message, someone responded with a message which concerned me about Stress Coat. Wish I could find the thread. I don't remember the reason, but I was going to use up what I had left and switch to something else.

I believe the concern raised about Stress Coat (and some other products also similiarly made) is the aloe base.....the build-up of the aloe in your tank over time.

Amquel is also one of the best that is on the market

my LFS reccomends it on their life

they say its great!

My lfs recommends I BELIEVE it is called Start Right or Start something or Right something. It's in a big white container and it has a blue label with fish on it. I wish I could remember the name (away from the house right now). It is small crystals that disolve in the water within seconds. It comes highly recommended from the all the lfs around here.

Wow... glad I found this thread... I guess I won't be spending money on Stress Coat anymore!
Thanks Mitche8359. I had that Blue Ram for about 1 year a couple of years ago. To this day I don't know why it died.... it seemed fine one day then dead the next.

prime. It uses a small amount for a large amount of tank water. Works great and lasts a LOOOOONG time.

American Pharmaceuticals Super strength Tap water conditioner. Removes chlorine, chloramines, heavy metals. Only takes 1/4 teaspoon for 20 gals,

prime...since it also detoxifies nitrites in an emergency situation...at least thats what they say...never had such an emergency though...hehe...

Back
Top Bottom