Which fake plants are the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manoosie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have tried real plants in my cichlid tank and it just won't work. Is there a particular brand of fake plants that is known for looking very real? Thanks.

The best ones are the ones that require the least amount of ferts and lighting. :D

Okay, actually you might want to look into silk plants. They are more real looking, but they are harder to clean.

Yep, silk plants look more realistic than those rigid luminous coloured things lol

Out of interest: why were you having problems with real plants in your cichlid tank? Was it an ARLC tank? If so, I have a few tips I could offer that might help... :)

I had silk plants for a while, and they got some sort of algae on them that basically dyed the leaves. I couldn't wash them enough to get it off. I don't kow if that happens with any algae, but it ruined mine. They looked nice while they lasted though. :) I've gone the route of live plants, and I dont' think I'll ever go back. It's too bad it didn't work for you.

Back
Top Bottom