Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Which filter the new one? The old one? Or both??

Hello you all again, as some of you have seen my other posts i have a question regarding to filters I have one already up and running for about a year or 2, just checked out the specs and it is 264 Gph along with a uv light switch and a new one on my 55 gal which is a penn-pax casdade 700 which is listed as (up to 185 Gph).... been wondering should I / Can I have both of them running in my 55 gal planted tank??? Been thinking of a desgin to go with for using two filters, doing two intake tubes from each end of the tank - then have both filters connect up to one set of output tubes with added "tube" (refering to spare tube sections to the current ones I have in the tank atm)..... opinions? Just thinking of ways that i can transferr as much as i can from the old tank to the new tank ? As well as the gph on the filter that i already have installed is just over two times the tanks volume per hour.... yet both together is a bit high.... "grrrr" 😑

Old 12-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not to mention another option is currently keep my tank that ive had for a few years and have the filter with lower gph come from the 55 gal to the 25 gal and the 264 gph filter from the 25 gal to the 55 gal ? And use that tank to grow / keep live food for my fishies perhaps??

Old 12-29-2016, 05:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I would use the bigger filter on the 55, cause that"s all you need for a planted tank. The flow rate is pretty much 5x the tank volume which is about standard for freshwater tanks.
Chest Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Figured so, but any feedbacks on this idea? >>> Not to mention another option is currently keep my tank that ive had for a few years and have the filter with lower gph come from the 55 gal to the 25 gal and the 264 gph filter from the 25 gal to the 55 gal ? And use that tank to grow / keep live food for my fishies perhaps??

Tags
filter, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com