Which Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Curious1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm trying to get some fish that are peaceful, hardy, community tank options. I'm thinking about Bleeding Heart Tetras or Guppies. Can anyone say if one would be better for what I'm looking for than another. Also any other fish that would fit this criteria would be appreciated. Thanks

Angels and barbs like to nip fins. Not sure about the rams. Just be cautious when adding them to a community tank.

Almost any tetra is good for community tanks, corydoras, swordtails, mollies. Livebearers may overrun your tank after a while.

Yea, Angels and Blue Rams can be aggressive, but personally I have had no problems. All my fish, which I listed, get along great.

I like Rosy Barbs, they are very laid back and hardy. I had two of them, they died of old age at 2.5 years old. Also any platy or mollie would be fine, and dwarf gouramis.

Golden white clouds are peaceful, hardy and good looking.
Most rasborias and tetras would fit as well.

I love tetras and from my experience black neons are the most hardy. Also it is rare I have a neon or a glolight tetra die. All 3 of those fish will shoal together. With them in a larger tank they split up a little more but the neons and glolight tetras still hang together on the bottom. Also cories are a good choice. I have never had one die and that includes the ones kept with my gold fish in cold water when I was a boy. My dad also put some cories in a take he used cleaning solution on and they lived in there for several days until he moved them back to the other tank, everything else died within 6 hours...

Back
Top Bottom