Which Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I have a 5.5g that has been empty for a little while and the aquarium sale is happening soon at my lfs and they just brought in some really cool fish!

I am currently deciding between chili rasboras (Boraras brigittae) and celestial pearl rasboras (Danio margaritatus) for the tank. I don't think that there will be anything else in there. Which one do you all think is better? Are there any reasons why one should be chosen over the other?

Thank you!

I don't have experience with Chilis so I can't say but I do have CPDs. They are stunning fish to look at just due to their coloring, I'd go with those.

They are gorgeous. Plus it is 50% off and that would make them $4... I'll probably get some. Would 5-6 be good? I know they like other fish but they don't school so is that good?

I think 6 would be good. They feel safer with a good-sized group. Give them a lot of hiding places (plants, etc) to feel secure. They can be pretty shy and skittish when they don't feel safe.

I think 6 would be good. They feel safer with a good-sized group. Give them a lot of hiding places (plants, etc) to feel secure. They can be pretty shy and skittish when they don't feel safe.

Great! Thanks, I will definitely kick up the amount of plants that I have!

Back
Top Bottom