which fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay for my 75 gallon tank I either wanna buy 2 tiger oscars or have a peaceful community tank. Which one is better. I like oscars because I think there really cool. But what do you think?
Thanks

Brian

You can only have 1 Oscar in a 75. They are really messy so I'd go with the peaceful community tank

Tiger Oscar are have great personality. But a community tank gives more options. Personally, I would go with some odd ball fish, tire track and fire eels, African butterfly, and some large angels.

IMO 1 Oscar in a 75 and that might get boring after a while. I would go with the community. I have 75 community and I enjoy it very much.

Tiger Oscar are have great personality. But a community tank gives more options. Personally, I would go with some odd ball fish, tire track and fire eels, African butterfly, and some large angels.

Both of the eels that you are mentioning get over 3 feet long. :facepalm:

One Oscar and a Featherfin Cat (Synodontis eupterus) would compliment each other.

Maybe a couple Severums, some smaller catfish like Sun catfish and a couple dither fish would be good as well.

Eels? I never mentioned any eels.
But hanks everybody I, going with a community tank!
Ill post pics this weekend.

I highly suggest the African Featherfin Catfish! I have one in my 55gal. Their quite shy at first but eventually swim about quite freely. It's fun to watch their body patterns slowly turn Into little brown dots. Mine gets along with all my community fish, but it is also the only bottom feeder in the tank, which is something to consider as they can be a little territorial with their space.

Back
Top Bottom